OUR COMMITMENT TOWARDS THE ENVIRONMENT
Eastern Pacific Shipping (UK) Ltd. is committed to operate the fleet vessels in a manner that minimizes the environmental impact of its activities. This will be achieved by setting a policy for:
- ‘ZERO SPILLS’ to the sea and ‘ZERO UNPLANNED RELEASES’ to the atmosphere.
- Compliance with all environmental laws and regulations applicable to the maritime industry.
- Assess all identified risks to the environment and establish appropriate safeguards.
- Promoting the use of alternative materials that have a lower environmental impact.
- Continual improvement of its environmental performance through evaluation and investment in innovative technology.
To achieve compliance with the stated policy, Eastern Pacific Shipping (UK) Ltd. shall:
- Prepare and implement operating and maintenance procedures to manage the environmental aspects of its operations in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Subscribe to and implement the ISO 14001 Environment Management Standard within the Company’s fleet of vessels.
- Set targets and measures for its environmental performance and review them on a regular basis to gauge performance and drive continual improvement strategies.
- Provide appropriate environmental training and educate employees to be environmentally responsible.
- Communicate and reinforce this policy throughout the company and its contractors.