This website (the “Site”) is operated and provided by Eastern Pacific Shipping (UK) Ltd having its registered office at 5th Floor, 7, Clarges Street, London W1J 8AE, United Kingdom.
References to “EPS”, “we”, “us” or “our” are references to Eastern Pacific Shipping (UK) Ltd and its affiliates, subsidiaries and shareholders. EPS is considered a controller of personal data.
It is important to us that we protect the privacy of personal information and for you to know what type of information we collect and how we treat information we may receive from you.
This policy describes what we do with personal information we collect from you, and the ways in which we may collect that information, including via the Site or if you contact us.
The types of information we collect from you
We may collect and store the following types of personal information about you when you use the Site or correspond with us (for example, by email) for any reason, including when you submit a fleet personnel application form in the “Careers” section of the Site:
- your rank;
- your name, contact details, email address and URL;
- your passport details: passport number, passport place and date of issue and date of expiry;
- your professional qualifications, seamans book number, seamans place and date of issue and seamans date of expiry; and
- any other information about you that you disclose to us.
Additionally we may also collect:
- personal data collected through your use of our Wi-Fi;
- personal data you provide in connection with your attendance onboard any of our managed vessels, including your name, company, who you are visiting, time in and out and your signature;
- personal data we collect about individuals acting for and on behalf of our counterparties or suppliers; and
- personal data provided by you in connection with our KYC / AML checks.
How we collect your information
We may collect information from you through your use of the Site or our Wi-Fi, when you request information from us or engage our services, as a result of your relationship with one or more of our counterparties, or by you providing your information when you attend onboard any of our managed vessels.
A number of facilities on the Site invite you to provide us with personal information, for example, the fleet personnel application form in the “Careers” section of the Site and our email queries facilities.
We may also automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit to the Site, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Legal basis for processing
Our processing of your personal information is necessary: (i) for the performance of contracts to which you or your company will be a party and in order to take steps at your request prior to you entering into those contracts; (ii) where required by a legal or regulatory obligation; and (iii) for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us.
Our processing of your personal data is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us, namely: (i) collecting user information to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient and customised experience; (ii) to ensure that the content on the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device; (iii) to allow you to participate in any features on the Site when you choose to do so; (iv) recruitment and for the general running of our business.
Purposes of processing and use of your personal information
We may use your personal information specifically to:
- to provide and improve this Site;
- to communicate with you;
- to provide and improve our services to you and to our counterparties including handling personal information of others on behalf of our counterparties;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to compile anonymous statistics, for example, website usage statistics;
- to market our services;
- to manage our relationship with you and our counterparties;
- to fulfil our legal obligations;
- to resolve complaints and handle requests and enquiries;
- to prevent, detect and investigate crime, including fraud and money-laundering, and analyse and manage commercial risks;
- for the purposes of recruitment; or
- for other legitimate business purposes.
Protection of your information
We apply the highest standard of security when it comes to hosting and protecting information.
Although we maintain physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards to protect your personal information from unauthorised or inappropriate access, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to us or provided though the Site.
Personal information that you submit may be sent to, and stored on, secure servers owned by or operated for us. If we collect personal information about you through the use of the Site we will only retain that information for as long as is reasonably necessary to fulfil the activity requested, or as may be required by law.
Disclosure of your personal information
We do not sell, rent, distribute or otherwise make personal information commercially available to any third party, except as described in this policy or with your prior permission.
We may disclose personal information to service information requests, respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies and protect our rights and property. The personal information you provide to us may also be shared with our affiliates, subsidiaries and shareholders if this is necessary to fulfil our obligations, respond to your enquiries or for any other related purposes.
We may also share your personal information with:
- third parties who support our information technology or provide information technology-related services on our behalf;
- law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties if we are required by law to do so, or in other limited circumstances (for example if required by a court order or regulatory authority, or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber-crime or to protect the Site, our technology assets or the rights, property or personal safety of any person);
- other business entities if in the future we re-organise, transfer or sell all or part of our business we may need to transfer your information to new entities or to third parties through which our business will be carried out.
Sharing information across our worldwide network
Any information that you provide to us may be shared with and processed by any of our affiliates, including our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries and certain of our service providers. This may entail a transfer of your information from a location inside the European Economic Area (the “EEA”) to a location outside the EEA, or from outside the EEA to a location inside the EEA. The level of information protection in certain countries may be less than that offered in the EEA, however we have procedures in place to ensure the protection of your information including by imposing contractual obligations on the recipients of that data to protect your information to the standard required in the European Economic Area.
Information that you send to us in electronic form may not be secure and, unless otherwise agreed in writing, will not be treated as confidential.
Under applicable data protection legislation you have a number of rights concerning the way that we use your information. At any time, you have the right to:
- be informed about the processing of your personal data (i.e. for what purposes, what types, to what recipients it is disclosed, storage periods, any third party sources from whom it was obtained, confirmation of whether we undertake automated decision-making, including profiling, and the logic, significance and envisaged consequences);
- request access to or a copy of any personal data we hold about you;
- request the rectification of your personal data, if you consider that it is inaccurate;
- request the erasure of your personal data, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
- object to your personal data being processed for a particular purpose or to request that we stop using your information;
- request not to be subject to a decision based on automated processing and to have safeguards put in place if you are being profiled based on your personal data;
- ask us to transfer a copy of your personal data to you or to another service provider or third party where technically feasible; and
- ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages at any time by using the below contact details
We must ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. Therefore, please advise us of any changes to your information.
To exercise any of the rights above please send an email to the Data Protection Lead at email@example.com. We will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within the statutory time limits as required by data protection legislation.
We do not carry out automated decision-making or profiling in relation to your personal information.
Contacting us and making complaints
If you have any concerns about our use of your information, you also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which regulates and supervises the use of personal data in the UK, via their helpline on 0303 123 1113.